The Cascade Lakes Highway is one of the most beautiful places in Oregon, and there are several beautiful hiking trails along the way that you won’t want to miss. One of my favorite places, Sparks Lake is located along the Cascade Lakes Highway, and there is also the Green Lakes, Senoj Lake Trail, Six Lakes Trail, South Sister hike, Todd Lake and Green Lakes trails, and many other beautiful hiking trails.
So grab your favorite Hydration Pack or Hydro Flask and get out on the trail! And to be safer out there, here is a list of hiking tips and some of the essential items you should always have when out hiking.
Please remember the Cascade Lakes Highway is closed at Mt. Bachelor during the winter because of the snow, and these trails are not winter hikes.
Cascade Lakes Highway Hikes
- Hike from Todd Lake to Green Lakes in the Three Sisters Wilderness
- Ray Atkeson Loop Trail at Sparks Lake located on the Cascase Lakes Highway near Bend, Oregon.
- Hike the top of South Sister, a difficult but rewarding hike
- Hike to the Green Lakes, with fantastic views of South Sister
- Hike the Senoj Lake Trail to Lucky Lake
- Hike the Six Lakes Trail to Doris Lake
- Hike the Broken Top Trail to a moraine lake on Broken Top